Friday, January 4, 2008

Having Fun in Snow





     We have spent so much time in the snow lately.  Mostly because it is fun but partly because when there's this much snow, what else are you supposed to do.  So I've decided its time to start snowboarding again and Jared is  coming with me. And even though I have been 100 times more than him (Jared's been once) he will still be better than me.  Its inevitable.  Preston also is going to begin.  He tried the little skateboard sled thing, that you stand on while going down the hill and LOVED it.  He got going pretty fast, bit it pretty hard, and still wanted more, so we'll be seeing him on the slopes as well.  
      I had most of my family up here for Christmas and it was fantastic.  With all the snow, the giant fireplace, and the huge Christmas tree it felt like a real vacation even though we didn't leave home.  Preston got Harry Potter 5 and has watched it once a day since then.  He also got a Builder Station with drills, wrenches and even protective goggles.  He loves it and we love watching his imagination make all kinds of things for us.  Noah got a rocking horse that whinnies and moves its head when you press its ear.  For the first few times that we showed it to him, he kept hitting the horse on the head as hard as he could when it moved.  It was hilarious.  He was just a little disturbed by the moving head (we think).  Also as a side note to all parents, we told all the kids they couldn't get up until 6:00 but then set the clock we gave them for a hour before so it was really 7:00 when they got up.  The idea, I admit, was not mine but I will be doing it every year.  All in all it was a great Christmas.
     Some of you may have noticed that I said I was going to get Christmas cards out and then never did.  Shocking, I know but I'm coming to terms that I don't do Christmas cards, I don't scrapbook and you'll probably never see this blog more creatively done than it is right now:)  I really do consider myself a creative person but on the above items...it's just never going to happen.  
    
    
      
     

3 comments:

Russell said...

When I was a kid, we always went to my grandparents' house in the summer but at least a couple of times we went in the winter and they had snow. We wished it would snow so much we'd have to make a tunnel to get to the car but it never did.

Marisa said...

Thanks for the good times!! We had a blast sledding and can't wait to go again. Tell me again, when does the snow run out? ;)

The Dille Family said...

You are hilarious I love the picture on top of your blog! I can't wait to come visit you "for real", not just run into you (that was crazy!). How was Real Deals?