Monday, August 31, 2009





Cordell Washington Hill



Wow, kid number 3 has been here for 4 months already and I have come to understand why my mother has no pictures of me (her 6th child) as a baby. This was the only current photo I could find and I DIDN'T EVEN TAKE IT. Preston did. He loves to play with my phone taking any and all pics, in fact, the one after this one was of his big toe. But I thought Cordell was cuter, so I picked this one.

Cordell is an angel. As my sister-in-law will tell you, I have been blessed with mild children (until they hit 3) and he is the mildest so far. (Which means he could be the craziest at 3 but that is a long way a way). As shown, he loves to eat his hands, his shirt, other people's arms if they wander too close, etc. He's a hefty little thing. He came in at 8lb 14oz and then jumped to 15 lbs by 8 weeks and now at 20 weeks, we're sporting a 20 pounder and he's not even close to stopping the growth. He may even pass Preston up...he topped the charts at 23 lbs at 6 months. People thought he was a four year old:) Cordell loves people, he's got the shy look down pat, he will smile at anybody (which is very different than Preston...he glared, I mean the meanest scowl you can imagine at everybody, even the grammy's). Cordell reminds me more of Noah in that regard. We love him so much. And can't believe he's only been in the family for this short time. Preston and Noah adore him, and if he can survive the mauling for the next few months, they are all going to be great friends.

4 comments:

Kara said...

He is definetly a keeper. How was prestons first day?

Beck Family said...

All I have to say is that he is a doll, and in the few times I have seen him he has always had a smile on his round little face, no much more you could ask for. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya when he turns three. Have a good week.

Just Us said...

He is so cute Maren. I've been waiting for some new pic's.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

He is so cute! I can't keep my eyes off that kid at church! He is a chunk an looks a lot A LOT more like close to 1 year than 4 months (only 4 months....are you kidding me?!)

I totally laughed about Prestons scowl. He totally still has that one down. I have been the victim of it a time or two. Bone Chilling, that is! :)