Monday, August 24, 2009

My kids are cuter than your kids:)

So each year thousands, okay millions of parents go through what I know Jared and I go through: What sports do we put our kids in if any? We tried soccor and he ran around at the back of the herd of other kids chasing the ball with his hands in his pockets. (Its really kind of funny, ask your own kids to run around while their hands are in their pockets...you'll see), so then he asked the coach if he could be a goalie (they had 3). We wondered why you'd need three, there weren't that many kids on the team until we saw the ball approach. None of the kids moved, they just stood in their spot hoping that they had picked the mostly likely position that would stop the ball. Well, Preston picked the best spot, he reached up and grabbed the top bar, making it so the ball could now go under his feet. Its very effectively ball blocking as you can tell. So we've moved on.

The last sport has been T-ball. We taught him (the night before) which direction to run and what the names of the bases were and then sent him on his merry way thinking we were delinquent parents for not teaching our son more sporty skills. But we got a good laugh when we realized that just knowing the little bit we'd shoved at him the night before actually made him ahead of most of the team. So here is Preston...with his hands in his pockets, he does that when he gets nervous, but looks very GQ I think.

Jared showed up for the first game, saw our 6 month pregnant friend coaching Preston's team (really, she coached... and I thought being 6 months pregnant, heck even 3 months pregnant got you out of things like...moving your body) and offered to be assistant coach. I had to take this great shot. Here's Preston he's just hit a wammer, runs to first base, where he wraps his arms around his daddy. So cute. But what made me laugh was when the next kid got up to bat, hit his ball, ran to first and he also hugged Jared. Preston started a great trend.


This is what happens when you tell Noah to say cheese and smile. We're working on it:) His little friend Cameron I think also wonders what the heck the crazy face is for as well.


Okay, this one is just pure bragging. My son..on skis...he's only 6. What a great day.



3 comments:

MyR said...

Preston did GREAT at t-ball. I will admit though that through all my years of coaching, that was the hardest coaching job EVER!!! Whew! Cameron STILL asks to go to to the games. If only Cameron and Noah could play next year. :(

Norris Fam said...

That first base hug is to die for...I wish I could have seen that in person!

As for Preston on skis...he's WAY ahead of me :)

Kara said...

I totally need to get Brady on some ski's he thinks preston is awesome=)