Monday, February 11, 2008

More Snow?





Quick cougar update.  So my hygienist's boyfriend was going to hunt our friendly neighborhood cougar on Friday; however, he was already...hunted.  When her boyfriend's dad went to scout out the situation he found what was left of the deer carcass and saw something moving along the mountain.  With his binos he could see that it was two hunters carrying a cat down the mountain. 

Never fear, there is plenty of wildlife around here.  This morning Noah pointed as he was looking outside and kept saying "pooh-pooh".  We didn't think much of it because he only knows six words and pooh-pooh is one of them.  Well it turns out there had been a deer on our front porch last night who left his mark, deer droppings all over the place.

One thing we love about Pres is that he loves to play.  This is a picture of him landing in a huge snow drift after letting me throw him into a snow drift on our back porch.



7 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Better deer droppings than cougar doos all over. Love the picture of Preston, I can't believe he let you throw him in! I'm pretty sure my girls would scream and run the other way :)

The Mortensen & Peatross Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

Brady would love to do that. Must be a boy thing. Brian will be jealous someone got the mountain lion. He actually has a tag to hunt one. Crazy guy.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

"COUGAR DOOS"??!! Nice Carrie! That sounds like some kind of treat you can get at a BYU game!

YIKES! The bad thing about hunting a Mountain Lion is that you have to find one! Personally, I will keep my distance!

JeNeale said...

Glad to hear you are safe from the neighborhood predator. I thought for a minute there I was going to have to send Brent up there to hunt the thing down! Then he could hang the pelt right next to the elk antlers in the. . .garage.

Kristin and Jay said...

Once again. Why was I not informed of this?!!!!! I need to know these things. Wednesday I was freaking out because I had to leave my dog out all day long. I had nightmares of coming home and seeing a bloody mess. This info would have saved me a very stressful outing =). If you won't call me, Carrie will you please inform me of the information next time? Thanks!!!! =) I'[m just kidding by the way

Russell said...

So Betsy and I were just playing around in the dark and Betsy started laughing so hard that she accidently farted and it reminded us of the funniest thing about our trip to Europe when Jared forgot that we were "company" and farted while we were sitting around that table outside our bungalow in Rome. That made us laugh so hard we both farted. Well, not me; I don't fart.