Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More Forts and Bowling!

Yesterday, I made the mistake of promising Preston that we would go to the Park after preschool.  Well, of course when it was time to go, the wind had picked up and my car said it was 18 degrees outside.  Preston would have been fine, but Noah lasts about 5 minutes in that kind of weather and I don't last too  much longer.  So, as a bribe to get out of a really cold day, I built him another fort, this one enclosed and let them watch Atlantis in it.  However, 2 minutes after the movie ended Preston asked when we were going to the park so, I'm not sure he understood my bribe.


For family home evening, we went bowling.  The kids has a blast and so did mom....I beat Jared for the first time in our married life.  I will cherish that for the rest of my days.

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

WOW! That's all I can say about beating Jared at the bowling alley. WOW!

Seeing the pictures of your family and knowing that these things occured only days ago (the bowling and the fort/movie) in the "life of the Hills" is so cool. It's almost like we were there except for thousands of miles and the fact that I wasn't smeared and humiliated by your family's athletic prowess. (I once played Trivial Pursuit with JeNeale and Brent, Cash and Marisa, and Jay - I'm still in therapy over that. Note to self: No Trivial Pursuit with aforementioned brainiacs and no bowling with Jared and Maren unless I've taken a quadruple dose of my antidepressant.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

PARK?? What kind of drugs are you on?!! Sister....it hasn't been above 36 degrees for months! Not to mention the swings buried and the slide only half as long because of all the snow!

Seriously though, I am so close to doing the same! I just want a fun play outside day!

Wait until this summer when we rediscover park hopping! SO FUN!