Friday, August 22, 2008

My sweet Preston

Preston is my oldest. Things that naturally come along with that: he mimics all my phrases (even the ones I wish he wouldn't), he thinks he is really 8 or maybe 12, he is very proud that he dominates his younger sibling in all areas (except maybe in the screaming department), and he wishes that Noah and him were the same age so they could play better together:) I kind of wish that too.

So when Preston was born, I only noticed his unusually large feet and hands, but about 2 days later I also noticed that his belly button poked out abit, especially when he cried. And then it really started to poke out, enough for Jared to say that we might have to keep a t-shirt on our perfect little child for say..oh the rest of his life. The doctor told us it was just an umbilical hernia and in fact, it was starting to close already. Well, it got smaller and smaller, but then one day it just stopped and he's had this adorable little outie since then. He's actually quite attached to it. But alas, every once in while it would hurt and the doctor said it was time to get it fixed. So yesterday we went in and he had his very first surgery (hopefully his last).

Preston has the best poker face ever, his first rollercoaster ride, his first seadoo ride, boat ride, new people, new situation of any kind and his face doesn't even flinch. Dead pan..is the phrase that comes to mind. And for 2 hours yesterday while they prepped him, that was his face. No one got him to crack a smile, he barely knowledged their existance. I love Preston:)

Anywho, he did great. His was only under for 45 minutes and today he has already started playing. Not like "jumping on Grammy's bed" playing (which I'm sure he never does) but none the less he was still moving around and I'm glad to see him already getting better. We'll see his new belly button tomorrow and he starts kindergarten on Monday. Way to go Preston!!

8 comments:

Jared and Maren said...

PS I'd post pictures but I have no idea how to get them off my phone:)

Kara said...

I was just thinking of preston. Well Brady was. He was begging me yesterday to ask preston to play so he could help him pass a level in video games. I tried to explain a thousand times that he was 4 hrs away and brady just kept saying its ok it will just take him a long time to get here=) By the way you can email pictures from your phone to your email. Just by putting your email into the send to box. Hope that helps. Hope he feels better soon!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I have begun to LOVE that little hard case face! (After of course I licked my wounds from the damage it did to my self-esteem.) I love that kid! And I CAN crack a smile on that face in 2 seconds flat now! That is how he wins you over...he makes you WORK for it! :)

I hope you are feeling better Preston!

Kristin and Jay said...

That cracks me up! =) I can totally see his little face. He has given me that face MANY times in Primary! I'm glad things went smoothly and he is up and going!

Jeb and Becca said...

Hey,
love all the pictures below! It is fun to see the updates...now I feel the pressure to get on the ball.:)

I'm glad to hear Preston is doing so well. I took Savannah in for her 2 year checkup on Friday and she also has a hernia. I like her outie belly button because I figure I will never have to deal with bikini and piercing issues :). The doctor told us on Friday she will need it fixed around 4 years old. I am glad to know it is not too intense!
Take care and good luck with YOUR first day of kindergarten!
Becca

Jelina said...

Nice catch up...I finally got to read tonight, when I should be in bed. I'm just too nervous for the first day of school :) Loved all the posts.

Marisa said...

Great posts (read them all...and laughed out loud a few times. Why is poop always funny!?!? Is it because I'm married to Cash?)

Hope Preston is feeling well and that an afternoon of Xbox made everything all better. Thanks so much for letting Spencer go up with him. It made him feel so grown up and special...and there are few things that make him happier than hours of unfettered xbox.

:) Ris

JeNeale said...

So fun to read all the posts and especially fun to see Preston after his surgery lying in Grammy's bed flat on his back trying to eat creamed eggs on toast from that position. He's a champ, and he is very brave. Maybe one day some of that will rub off on his wanny cousin. Or maybe he'll just be the big, brave, boy cousin and she'll be the scrawny, scared, little damsel in distress cousin. Someday she'll appreciate that scenario!

Love you all. Good job, Preston!