Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Triathalon #2

Jared is amazing.  A 1 1/2 weeks ago he did an Olympic triathalon.  That means he swam a mile, biked 24 miles and ran 6.2 miles.  Quite a few too many miles if you ask me.  I am so proud him and am quite certain that if I had been in his shoes I would have drowned in the lake.  

To my discouragement I cannot get this first picture in the right order.  This is not the beginning of the race, or I wouldn't have let him even start (he looks a tad tired).  This is the finish line but the rest are in order:)




Jared has now asked me to call him an Olympian:)  Great job, Jared!  I love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, great job, Jared! You were a good sport to do that even though you planned on doing the sprint. Congratulations on making to the end!

Just Us said...

I am impressed Jared!

Eric said...

Maren, that looks like the Emmett Triathlon, am I right? My brother-in-law talked me into doing the sprint distance and I almost died. I knew I was in trouble when I had to start doing an improvised "back stroke" about 50 meters into the swim.