Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

Twin Falls Idaho Temple  Last saturday and sunday Jared and I had the honor of participating the Twin Falls ID temple dedication.  Jared spent about 4 months teaching our young men and young women how to perform in a dance program made for 4,000 youth.  (That's right, I said four thousand!!!)  They've practiced every Wednesday night since May and finally performed with the 13 other stakes. They danced friday night and twice on Saturday and it was fantastic.   

Then on Sunday it was my turn.  They had 4 dedications of the temple and for the last session, I got to sing in the choir.  We've been practicing since May as well.  It seemed a little tedious practicing that far in advance but once we got in the celestial room and were able to be just a few feet from the Prophet, it was all worth it.  What a great experience that we'll both never forget.  Me, because I got a thumbs up from the Prophet and Jared, because I don't think anyone ever forgets when they work with 4000 kids in 95 degree weather.  







7 comments:

Just Us said...

That sounds like such an incredible experience. Not many can say they got a thumbs up from the prophet.
We miss you guys? Any trips south in the future?

Jeb and Becca said...

Maren, I'm so happy you got to be a part of that! And Jared, I remember being part of the youth dance groups...nice job! That would be a lot of work.:) I hope you guys are enjoying Preston in school. I'll have to chat with you soon about how that is going! Becca

Norris Fam said...

I wish, wish, WISH I could have heard you singing...it gives me chills just thinking about it!

Marisa said...

Jared dances like a girl!

Captain Awesome

Lisa-Marie said...

Doesn't the church really know how to throw a celebration?!?!?!? Seriously, ours was amazing and it sounds as if yours was as well. I think it would have been so neat to help teach the youth for that program! Way to be Jared!

And Maren, what a special opportunity to sing at the dedication. I bet it was beautiful. You could have pulled it off by yourself. It's been YEARS since I've heard you sing, but I've not forgotten!

I'm so glad that Preston's surgery went well.

Karen said...

hey maren,
we miss you guys like crazy. seriously. i'm glad i found your blog, now i can keep up with all of your awesomeness.

Lauralee said...

Just finished reading all the posts. Wow! We love being related to such cool people.